Our Youth Programs provide a peer-oriented, free thinking setting for youth to develop life skills and confidence by:
• developing leadership and mentoring skills
• increasing self-confidence and physical health
• being comfortable in new social situations and environments
• developing life skills/career development
• recognizing the importance and enjoyment of volunteering
Healthy Teenz is a community-based program that offers a fun and safe place for youth. The program provides the opportunity to engage in unique afterschool and summer day camp opportunities. The Healthy Teenz program is offered at all three of our Family SOS locations; North End Halifax, Dartmouth North and the Greystone Community of Spryfield.
Teenz Talk provides a safe and comfortable space, during class time, for teens to talk about issues that are important to them. This program is offered in partnership with HRSB Junior High Schools.