BEEA Leader – Empowering youth through Beekeeping
Family SOS is applying for a grant from the Aviva Community Fund to support and expand our BEEA Honey with Heart project.
Assistance from the AVIVA Community Fund will help us to:
- Expand into five additional marginalized HRM communities, over the next two years.
- Develop a BEEA model that will help many more communities thrive.
- Purchase materials and tools required for beehive and fencing construction as well as beekeeping equipment.
- Hire a full-time coordinator to implement the model, engage youth participants, attract community members and partners, and facilitate workshops.
What do we plan to achieve with the BEEA Honey with Heart Project?
- Engage youth in a venture that develops a sense of community pride
- Empower youth to become role models for their peers and leaders in their communities
- Promote skill building and education among youth and community participants
- Instill values of hard work and giving back to the community
- Educate youth and community members on environmental sustainability and self-reliance
- Inspire confidence and fosters a sense of belonging
- Enhance mental health and overall well-being
Through collaboration with community partners, youth participants will learn:
- Concepts surrounding environmental sustainability and food security
- Entrepreneurship and business practices
- Public speaking and media relations
- First Aid training, courses in Food Handling and Safety
- Practical workplace skills
We hope you are as excited about BEEA as we are! Your vote will give wings to a project that promises to work as busy as bees to make sure that no child or community gets left behind.
WE NEED YOUR VOTE! HELP US GROW BEEA HONEY WITH HEART
- Join our Facebook page now. Invite your friends to join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1724186734555574/
- Register and vote at https://www.avivacommunityfund.org/
- You can vote for us 18 times (all at once if you want) between Oct. 10 and 19.
- Ask everyone you know to vote for us too!
Be sure to follow us on social media for current news and updates.